Nintex Form With Deleted Lookup Value

Badge +5

I have a problem that was not there before installing the latest updates as I remember.

I have a form with a List Lookup control that works fine until the selected lookup value gets deleted from the lookup list. The old behavior was displaying the text stored with the value (ID;#TEXT), SharePoint behavior is displaying nothing which is fine, but now the form is redirecting to the error page with "System.ArgumentException: Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user."

Any idea how to solve this issue?

14 replies

Badge +9

Hi Osama,

Is this a Display version of an item form or a task form that is trying to pull data from the list form? I want to reproduce this, but need to know a little more about the issue.

Thank you,

Sean

Badge +5

Hi Sean,

It is a normal form with a lookup field. To reproduce, lets say I have two lists:

1. DataList (Title Column, LookupList Column)

2. LookupList (Title Column)

Create a custom list form using Nintex Forms for the DataList.

Values in LookupList:

- Roswell

- Alpharetta

- Marietta

Values In DataList:

- John, Roswell

- Smith, Alpharetta

- Thomas, Mariatta

Now, delete Roswell and try to open the Johns list item. You will receive the error.

Delete the custom form and open the item again, the SP form will open normally.

Thanks in advance.

Badge +9

Hi Osama,

Thank you for the replication steps. I was able to reproduce this error in my environment and it seems that although we are unable to pull content it does not fail gracefully. Even though I'm going to bring this to the attention of Nintex Support, it's going to have more value coming from a customer. Can you please open a Support ticket so we have a case assigned to this issue?

Thank you,

Sean Fiene

Badge +5

Thank you Sean, a ticket is created.

Hope to get a solution soon as this is a problem in production.

Badge +5

But as a work around until we get it fixed, I changed the lookup value to null:

$item["ColumnName"] = $null;

$item.update()

And trying to do the same with the workflow but can't find any yet: Re: Nintex Workflow - Set a lookup column to null

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Any movement on this issue?  I believe I am seeing this in a customer's env after they installed the latest  version.

Thanks!

Badge +5

No feedback yet.

Badge +3

I'm experiencing the same issue and also haven't been able to figure out a workaround yet. I tried to set up a workflow that runs after the list record is created which copies the text value of the lookup field to another field (text only), and then clears out the lookup field. The copy works, however, I can't get any workflow command to actually clear out the lookup field. My thought was to just allow the lookup list on Add in the form, and only show the text field on View/Edit.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I've talked to support and the November release will fix the issue where: if a value referenced by a List Lookup control was deleted, will render the form unusable, will be fixed.

Thanks

Badge +5

Nintex released a new update last week https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-1161

But unfortunately the this issue is not fixed yet.

And I really don't like a statement like this:

• This release includes changes to behaviours of some controls. The changes may require adjustments to custom JavaScript.
Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I am also experiencing this issue. My form is in production and the lookup fields are pulled nightly so any fields that are deleted have rendered my forms not viewable. Kind of a problem when I have an approval workflow running and I'm asking the customer to view the form.

I would like to see this issue fixed as well.

Also attempting to set the values to null as a workaround, haven't been successful so far.

Kassie

Badge +7

Hi guys,

Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

Regards

Leif

Badge +5

This issue is fixed in the latest release:

Product version: 2.9.4.0
Release date: 19th January 2017

https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-1161-nintex-forms-2013-release-notes 

# (00121862; 00125640)

Badge +7

Hi Osama,

Thank you for that info.

In fact I have the problem that you describe on August 17 with a workflow where I need to "unset" the lookup field. Do you have any info on that one?

Regards

Leif