About attachments confidentiality

• 13 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

I need to hide the attachemnts panel in my nintex form. I used this formula by creating the calculated column. (current user (Email)!=userName).

But, My chalenge is when new form loaded, it hided the attachement panel all the time. When users trying to open the form to submit the form, it should open the attachement panel to attach documents. How do i create a formula to fix that 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Its sound like you need to check if the form is in new mode. The below formula should work.

and(!Is New Mode,current user (Email)!=userName)
Badge +3

@SimonMuntz , Sure,  i need to hide the attachments from others except created by when in the Edit mode, but in the new mode, everybody should be able to open and submit. 

Badge +3

@SimonMuntz ,

In short,
The attachments panel can be able to display in both New and Edit mode. The only d/f is when the form loaded as New mode, everybody can be able to attach there own documents. But, if its in an edit mode, only created by is able to see his/her own documents. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
I doubt this is possible out of the box. A classic form with clever Javascript maybe.
Badge +8

As a workaround (and maybe even "real" confidentiality) you could, via workflow, move all the attachments to a document library (display it via "List View" in your item form), delete the attachments and set permissions on the created document directly.

By hiding the attachments, you don´t achieve real confidentiality as the attachments could be accessed by other means that the form.