View Processdata and activity datafield of other user

• 12 October 2006
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1
Hi,

In our application, some of the business users should be able to view other user's process datafield data regardless of the user that the instance is assigned to and regardless of the user that's logged on.

Here logged in user is not set as the manager in active directory.

I tried using

1. K2ROM APIs which gives worklist of logged in user and the managed user (i can't use managed user as client don't want to modify the active directy).

2. K2Manager which gives worklist of all the user but it doesn't give value of all the process datafields.

Is there anyway to get worklist item of other users?

Thanks & Regards,
Paresh

3 replies

Badge +11
Can you not just give these users VIEW permissions on the process and get the users to view the data through the K2.net 2003 Workspace Reporting?

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +1
Thanks Ockert for reply.

All the Application users have view permission for the process.

Can you please give me more details of the reporting APIs? We are not using workspace and smart forms in our application.

Regards,
Paresh
Badge +11
Where/How do you want these users to be involved in the process? I assume you've got (or plan to have) some web app displaying a list of process instances to the users. When the user then selects one of these process instances, you should 'drill-down' into the process instance displaying more info to the user.

For this, you will need to create custom reporting. Please have a look at KB article #21 on custom reporting.

Regards,
Ockert