View Flow Charts not visible

• 16 February 2004
  • 8 replies

Badge +2
Some clients have difficulty seeing the View Flow charts. Below is a description of the problem as well as ways to fix it.

Q.
The problem is that the users can't use the view flow of the workspace.
All they get is a Red Cross in the top left corner. Action I took I
installed IE6 SP1 on one users machine hoping this will fix it. Same
problem.

A.
The problem is server-side. Apply the changes below to the IIS server
that the K2 workspace is running on.

1. Browse to your workspace and view the zone that your workspace is
running in. You can see this at the bottom right of you status bar.
This should be "Local intranet"
2. In administrative tools, open "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Configuration".
3. Browse to "Runtime Security Policy", "Machine", "Code Groups",
"All_Code"
4. Right click on "LocalIntranet_Zone" (or the appropriate zone located
in step 1)
5. On the "Permission Set" tab, select "FullTrust" in the drop down
list.
6. Click OK.

In some instances "Authenticated Users" must also be given Full Control
over
"C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322Temporary ASP.NET Files"

A1.
When I did the installation, the K2.net Server was installed onto a machine called SCAS. Anyhow, as a result, the word SCAS appears all over the show in the config files which is a bit of a problem because one cannot see SCAS from the internet. So I hacked around in the config files until all instances of SCAS said K2.k2workflow.com (which is resolvable from the outside). This fixed the problem.

8 replies

Badge +7
Francois,
Thanks for this very useful information. I personally have encountered it several times.

Cheers!
Badge +7
Also, the ViewFlow component requires the .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package to be installed on any client machines that need to access the ViewFlow page. Client machines without .NET Framework 1.1 installed will exhibit the same red "x" symptom.

Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package
Badge +1
I've tried setting the Runtime Security Policy for the relevant zone to "Full Trust" on the K2 server but I still cannot view the flow chart from any client machine.

However, if I log on to the K2 server, it works but that is not a feasible solution for domain users.

Any ideas?
Badge +2
"Karl.Kuhnhausen" wrote:
I've tried setting the Runtime Security Policy for the relevant zone to "Full Trust" on the K2 server but I still cannot view the flow chart from any client machine.

However, if I log on to the K2 server, it works but that is not a feasible solution for domain users.

Any ideas?

[Francois=quote] Please contact the K2Workflow support centre at www.k2workflow.com and provide us with more detailed information, in order for us to assist you in resolving this issue.
Badge +1
icon-quote.giffrancois:
Some clients have difficulty seeing the View Flow charts. Below is a description of the problem as well as ways to fix it.

Q.
The problem is that the users can't use the view flow of the workspace.
All they get is a Red Cross in the top left corner. Action I took I
installed IE6 SP1 on one users machine hoping this will fix it. Same
problem.

A.
The problem is server-side. Apply the changes below to the IIS server
that the K2 workspace is running on.

1. Browse to your workspace and view the zone that your workspace is
running in. You can see this at the bottom right of you status bar.
This should be "Local intranet"
2. In administrative tools, open "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Configuration".
3. Browse to "Runtime Security Policy", "Machine", "Code Groups",
"All_Code"
4. Right click on "LocalIntranet_Zone" (or the appropriate zone located
in step 1)
5. On the "Permission Set" tab, select "FullTrust" in the drop down
list.
6. Click OK.

In some instances "Authenticated Users" must also be given Full Control
over
"C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322Temporary ASP.NET Files"

A1.
When I did the installation, the K2.net Server was installed onto a machine called SCAS. Anyhow, as a result, the word SCAS appears all over the show in the config files which is a bit of a problem because one cannot see SCAS from the internet. So I hacked around in the config files until all instances of SCAS said K2.k2workflow.com (which is resolvable from the outside). This fixed the problem.

Hi Francois

I did everything as you said but i still get the same error. WHat next can i do?

Regards
Badge +1
Jean,

You need to adjust the security on the client machine as well.

The following needs to be done:

* Open the "Microsoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322Temporary ASP.NET Files" folder in the windows directory. Right-click and select properties. Select the Security tab, and add "Authenticated Users" and give check the Write permission. Click OK until the dialog has closed.

This should suffice to get the View Flow working. If not, do the following as well:

* Open the "Temp" folder in the windows directory. Right-click and select properties. Select the Security tab, and add "Authenticated Users" and give check the Write permission. Click OK until the dialog has closed.

When you open the workspace, be sure to add it to your trusted zones in IE.

As a last resort, you can change the .NET Runtime Policy settings (but only as a last resort).
Badge +2
Hi there,

I'm having the problem that the view flow charts are not being displayed. I have tried everything listed in the previous articles, ensuring that the .net framework configuration is set to 'full trust' for the local intranet zone, and that authenticated users have full control over the temporary asp.net files folder. I think it is a server side issue, as I have K2 on another server, and I can see the view flow charts when I browse to the workspace on that server. I just get the small square, circle and triangle logo in the top left hand corner to indicate a missing image.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chloe.
Badge +8
If you click on the view flow link and a blank page is displayed (no red cross and no image placeholder), check the "Execute Permissions' setting on the "Home Directory" tab of the website's properties - it should be set to 'scripts only'