Report designer - Security

• 17 March 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

Although K2 Workspace allows some certain level security, I couldn't see any fine tuning security thing within Report Designer per folder or report level.

As you know we can limit many things on process level, but if we can't hide some of the reports, it means we are exposing full process data depending on reports. I saw in the forums K2.net has a solution like, if you can't view a process you can't see it's reports. Is there anything similar in Blackpearl ?

Onur

3 replies

Badge +5

Hi Onur, 

For each process you have the ability to specify the rights a user has. If a user has View rights they will be able to see all reporting data for all process instances. If the user has View Participate, they will only be able to see reporting data for process instances they have been involved in.

HtH 

Badge +2
how about reports that are based on smart objects which are not associated with a particular process ?
Badge +9

From what I remember, the custom reports permissions take after the permissions set in SSRS.  This was a change done post-RTM of K2 blackpearl.