instance error not displaying

• 18 May 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

I have a very simple process that is started automatically and all it does is send e-mails. I had no idea it wasn't working until I was looking at the Event Viewer on my SharePoint server and saw an error message (see below). When I went to the process portal, the instance wasn't even in the Process Instances report. I fixed the problem by adding appropriate rights, but it would have been nice to have an error message somewhere in K2.

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    K2 SharePoint Workflow Integration
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    0
Date:        5/18/2009
Time:        11:38:39 AM
User:        N/A
Computer:    SHAREPOINT
Description:
An error occurred trying to call the runtime web service to start the process System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: An error occurred trying to create a new instance of the process. ---> System.Exception: 24408 K2:SERVERjsimons from 192.168.16.7:449 does not have rights to Start Process OperationsCust Manual Notify
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Client.InternalConnection.Call(ArchiveX ar, MessageType msgtype)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Client.InternalConnection.CallFunction(ArchiveX ar)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Client.Connection.CreateProcessInstance(String ProcName, Int32 Version, String Layer)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Client.Connection.CreateProcessInstance(String ProcName)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.Functions.SharePointServiceFunctions.StartWFIntegrationProcess(String K2Server, String Folio, String MetaDataDetail, String ProcessName, String K2IntegrationDataXml, String ProcessObjectXml, String k2ProcessXML, String ClientUserLogon)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.Functions.SharePointServiceFunctions.StartWFIntegrationProcess(String K2Server, String Folio, String MetaDataDetail, String ProcessName, String K2IntegrationDataXml, String ProcessObjectXml, String k2ProcessXML, String ClientUserLogon)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.SharePointService.StartProcess(String k2ServerName, String Folio, String MetaDataDetail, String processName, String k2IntegrationDataXml, String processObjectXml, String k2ProcessXML, String clientUserLogon)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

1 reply

Badge +4
Event log is the place for these sort of errors - since a K2 process instance has not been started K2 cant show that to you in the error report or instance reports. Please log it as a feature request anyway.