List lookup not working. Message Loading.....

• 21 February 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Hello

The first screen shot below shows the problem I am having. The list lookup is allowing me to select the TAX1 value, TAX2 is saying "loading...". Once I select a value in TAX1, the option in TAX2 is only "please select value" with nothing to select.

The next screen shots are the control settings and the 2 lists I am using in the list lookup. The bizarre thing is that this worked previously on a different server, and although the below is just a test for the purpose of this post, I also exported the form from the old server and had the same problem. 

Any help is appreciated

213493_pastedImage_1.png

213510_pastedImage_3.png

213511_pastedImage_4.png

MMTESTTAXLEV1 - LIST

213512_pastedImage_5.png

MMTESTTAXLEV2 - LIST

213513_pastedImage_6.png

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

it's not obvious from your screenshot, is LEV1 column in MMTESTTAXLEV2 list a lookup field sourced from MMTESTTAXLEV1's LEV1 column?

can you post its configuration?

Badge +3

Hello Marian

They are 2 separate lists. MMTESTTAXLEV1 contains the distinct list of values, and MMTESTTAXLEV2 contains the possible combinations. There are no lookup fields in the lists they are single line text fields, in the form I created the look up fields.

I am basically trying to create limit the options available for selection in TAX2 based on what is selected in TAX1.

MMTESTTAXLEV1

213558_pastedImage_3.png

MMTESTTAXLEV2

213559_pastedImage_4.png

213560_pastedImage_5.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok.

your configuration seem to me to be correct.

since you compare by plain text values make sure the values are exact the same. usually some trailing spaces or doubled spaces may cause problems. or even, key values were copy pasted from different sources, they may contain mix of simple and non breakable spaces.

if that doesn't resolve the problem then I'd try to remove and re-add the controls once again.

Badge +3

I have gone over this several times, I have even created lists with only one character in there. Like I said this was working in our DEV server as seen below and I have even exported the lists as templates and exported the form and tried that, but still the same

213563_pastedImage_2.png

Both our Dev and Test server have the same versions of SharePoint 2016 and Nintex forms.

Think I will log a case

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

these export/import exercises are exactly situations when some (GU)ID or internal dependencies may get broken.

therefore I suggested to configure controls anew.

if that didn't help, I would try to create whole brand new/empty form, just proof checked lookup cascade works there.

btw. have you checked developer console whether there are not reported any errors? they may prevent lookups to work correctly.

Badge +3

Thanks.

I will speak to out IT dept. about the developer console. The form I sent in the screen shot of in the first post was a whole new form on a new list using new lists for the lookups. The export and import I tried after I could not get the form to work

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you needn't to contact anybody for a developer consol, just F12 within browser and it will pops up.

if you tested with new form then it's really strange it doesn't work.

do you have sufficient permissions to read both lists and their items?

Badge +3

Hi All. This is now resolved. the message from our SharePoint admin was....

"I created a Site Collection at the top level Web Application.  That seems to be the corrective action.  Only change I made."

Hope this helps someone one day.

Cheers!

Badge

Kindly explain me brief about the Solution 

@slothman16 wrote:

"I created a Site Collection at the top level Web Application.  That seems to be the corrective action.  Only change I made."

Cheers!

@slothman16 wrote:

Cheers!