Why is Nintex Admin Certificate Practice Test Not representative of the Real Cert.

Badge +9

On Saturday, I took the Practice Test and scored an 80%--not great--but I felt I had an idea of the questions.

On Sunday, I took the real exam and scored 177/300--passing was 180. I concur I did not know the material in the detail I would like and deserved my marks. However, I am miffed at the questions asked and the lack of adequate training material on the site.

The practice test utterly failed in exposing the breadth of the test.

Nowhere did I see an in-depth coverage of NWAdmin as related to SharePoint; detailed instructions of the install sequence; detailed instructions for configuring lazy approval; comprehensive coverage of restore procedures and Nintex Logs.

I'm not arguing for a better grade; I just want to know where to find this information before the next two weeks elapse--without methodically Googling every topic. Just downloading the NWAdmin Manual is not helpful and lacks an overview and working examples.

thanks,

Stephan Onisick

10 replies

Badge +7

Hi Stephen,

I ended up just going through all of the Nintex configuration options in central admin as well as reading the NWAdmin manual, but I agree it would be helpful to have the info in a central location.

Jan

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Stephan,

I am a big advocate of making relevant training more accessible to users. I think it will massively extend adoption of the products with existing customer populations.

As to your questions, I think, at least in the current state of things, the intent is for the certification test to allow those who have been doing the job for a while or have obtained deep dive training with a Nintex training partner to prove/validate/document their existing expertise (correct me if I am wrong Nintex). I know that does not help you in the mean time but I spoke to a lot of great Nintex folks at InspireX about the largely out of reach training for the average person in the customer base. They were very receptive and I was assured that there are some initiatives in place to extend the reach of users with regard to more in-depth training.

I do not want to offer details of my many conversations because there were so many details, I would likely misrepresent what was said.

It would be great though if some folks "in the know" were to offer some detail either here or in a blog post.

Hope that helps some,

Patrick Kelligan

Badge +9

I would very much like the urls of where you went.

thanks,

Stephan

Badge +9

Why have a "Pretend" Practice Test, if it doesn't cover the real test. Seems "Bait and Switch".

Badge +7

Hi Stephen,

NWAdmin Operations - Nintex Workflow 2013

And then on SharePoint Central Admin

179767_pastedImage_1.png

179774_pastedImage_2.png

Good luck!

Jan

Badge +9

Thanks. Looking at the NWAdmin Manual--it really needs more context and overview.

Some actual scenarios of when to perform the actions would useful.

Yes, there are commands but you really don't want to willy-nilly perform some of the actions like detach your Content Database.

Badge +9

Well, after 2 weeks and a couple of manuals later, I scored 232/300. I passed! I have the Admin Cert as of 3/20/2016.

My comment still stands about the practice test: it is not representative of the whole test--even though the questions come from the overall test population. There are simply not enough to represent the complexity of the knowledge covered.

An interim solution might be to allow more questions on the Practice Test--possibly 20-25; just to get a better sampling.

Personally, I learn a lot about the underlying technology by the questions the experts ask.

I would also appreciate more great Nintex Videos on the Admin Stuff. I know this takes time--but not everyone has the time or money to pursue third-party training.

Badge +9

Hi Everyone, 

I need to get sample Nintex Workflow Admin and Nintex Workflow Pro certification. 
Where can I buy those materials?

Is this source valid? http://www.onexacademy.com/Paginas/Certification-Nintex365.aspx  

There is no much info on the site?  
Please provide some online practice sites for Nintex  certification

Badge +9

hi guys, 

Yesterday, I tried Nintex Admin test and I did not mange to pass exam.

I did well in the database design but did not well in Admin, config, LazyApproval etc. At least I get an idea the type of questions asked in real test. 

I did refer to resources prescribed on Nintex Admin  Certificate.   

Questions related performance related such as issues on slow workflows, workflow work well on stating but slow on production, enable maximum loop threshold settings, Workflow constants were the questions which I did not prepare.

Did have some share more articles  on those topics?

Thank you!  

Badge +9

Hi all,

Finally, I pass my Nintex Workflow Admin Certificate and scored 251 on 04 Feb 2017. I started learning Nintex products last Nov 2016 and started preparing for last week of Dec 2016. I tried my first attempt and was unsuccessful with score of 138 out of 300 in Jan 2017. The passing score is 180.

I asked a lot of questions from Nintex community about how to pass this exam.  suggested to take the full exam, sense the kind of questions and then retake it again. I followed his instructions. I am working on SharePoint online and number of questions are not exactly the exam is looking for. However, after studying for exam I am able understand the basic concepts such as LazyApproval, Installation of Nintex forms and workflow, NW Admin tool concepts, backup and restore etc.

Some Nintex Admin Certificate takeaways:

• Exam is for 60 minutes and 30 questions are asked
  • Most of topics are covered in exam syllabus. 4-5 questions are not covered though. You can perform a google search to find out answers. But take note of time. In my first attempt I was short of time.
  • Understand the LazyApproval, NW Admin tool, Installation of Nintex products, workflow performance, and Database design thoroughly.  
  • I made my own notes and checked all the questions that I could not answer in my first attempt. It really worked.
  • At this point of time, there are no videos dedicated for preparing for Nintex Workflow Admin certification. May be Nintex team can provide them in future.

Now, time to study for Nintex Workflow Pro certificate.