cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Next and Previous buttons on Custom Nintex Form

Hi. I've created a tabbed form for a complex SP list in Nintex forms. We have hundreds of items in this list database. To facilitate navigation, I need to create a 'Next' and 'Previous' button on the Nintex form to navigate to the next and previous record (See example placement of the 'next button' in the image below). Preferably when these buttons are clicked, the script will use the 'Start Date' field to determine what record to show next. If more than one record has the same start date, then the next sorting option would be alphabetically by the 'Event name field'. It is OK for any changes to the current record not be saved when clicking on these buttons. I really hope someone can help Thanks!

Labels: (3)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Next and Previous buttons on Custom Nintex Form

Hi Lawrence Stevens​,

Just to check, why would they need to go through each record this way? Would you not be able to create a view where they can filter / sort based on a date, then open the ones they need?

Anywho, I only have a Office 365 environment to test atm, but from what i can see is that Office 365 uses the Item ID in the URL Query string to display the item data in the edit form. I assume for on-premises it is the same as it is with normal sharepoint forms as well.

What you could look at is a javascript that replaces the ID query string in the URL. This way you do get an page reload, but you will have the new data displayed. If you add a counter for the total number of records, you might be able to handle the first / last record (e.g. disable the buttons).

If you add in some rest query to filter the date, you should be where you are.

I have not tested it, but in theory it should work.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the delay, I have been on vacation.

We use the form like a record/database browser, so progressing 1 forward, or 1 backward in the database is often very helpful. We are also often filling in the form live while we have people on the phone.

Could you help with the JS coding?

Thanks!

Lozza

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

To look at the individual option to show the Edit form of an item with a JavaScript button, you can simply use a window.location = "siteUrl/Lists/LeaveRequests/EditForm.aspx?ID=" +(ID+1)

Doing so would open the form in edit mode even if it is a Nintex Form and go to the next item. But if an item was deleted it would error. maybe this can be of some kind of help.

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

‌ did you ever find a solution?

0 Kudos