How do I set up task delegations?

Badge +1

I'm curious if there is a way to assign a delegate to another person's tasks, should that person be out of the office or unable to respond.

For instance, I have an item form that has a field for "Manager," where we ask the user to insert their manager's name. Once the rest of the item form is fully complete and submitted, a workflow is initiated so that that particular item is then routed to that user's manager for approval. However, I'm running into an issue where the person who needs to approve is out of the office and unable to approve or reject the items in their queue for a set period of time. To get around that, is there a way to set up delegates for tasks that are assigned, in situations like these?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you seen this Cassy Freeman's blog?

Badge +1

Thanks so much for sending this along - it's super helpful!

I was hoping to use the "Personal Delegation" method (it's exactly what I need) that she speaks towards in her blog (I remember doing so when I used the 2010 version of SharePoint), but I can't seem to find the instructions for doing so using SharePoint Office 365/Online...Do you happen to know if this is a lost functionality in the Office 365 version, or if there's a different way of doing so?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I'm sorry, I do not have experience with O365