Urgent Problem: About Forms Generation Client Event

• 2 October 2008
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

I have a problem with Forms Generation Client Event. I want to customize the page that shows information entered by an employee before and that employee manager can approval. I see that after deploying the process successfully, in C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlWorkSpaceClientEventPages will have a folder that contains the pages configured in process. I think i can customize it, but when i open and add some controls in the pages, then deploying process, it gets the following error:

Task Error: System.Exception: Forms Generation publishing has failed: Please ensure that if you are deploying this project that you are not attempting to do so on client. Deployment package needs to be created and run on the server in order to publish forms correctly. - System.Exception: There was a problem publishing the generated forms. Please add the generated project to the solution and ensure there are no build errors. Also ensure you have Microsoft Web Deployment Projects addon installed for Visual studio as this could also be a reason for a failed deployment.
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.HasPublishedWebsite()
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.HasPublishedWebsite()
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.Execute()
    C:K2 ViettelProcessPurchase Contract ProcessPurchase Contract ProcessobjDebugDeploymentPurchase Contract Process.msbuild    78    6    Purchase Contract Process

Anybody has the same problem with me?

Please, help me!!!

3 replies

Badge +9

Just verify 2 things:

1. That the web deployment package is installed on your web server (that will hosts the forms generation page).
  2. That you are deploying the K2 solution locally on the web server.  Either via BP Studio or msbuild.

The reason behind this is that the microoft web deployment package has a limitation where it does not allow remote deployments.

Badge +6

We are facing similar issue. I am deploying this from the K2 server itself. The Visual studio is 2013 professional installed on K2 server itself. What are you referring to when you say "Web deployment package" Not clear on that one, could you expound please

Badge +6

Johnny,

Just checked the Installed component for Web Deployment Package and found this (Refer to the screenshot below)

10754i95D5D738C8BF4190.png