cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nested fn-IsMemberOfGroup

I am working on a form that has multiple panels hidden based on SharePoint groups. I know you can't use more than 2 on an expression in control settings. But I have read about using rules to hide the panel with an expression such as:

not(or(fn-IsMemberOfGroup(xx),fn-IsMemberOfGroup(xx),fn-IsMemberOfGroup(xx)))

I have 5 groups that these panels will be based off of, some panels will require up to 4 groups being able to view it. This condition works sometimes and other times it doesn't. Sometimes I have to rearrange the order of the groups to make it work. Sometimes it hides what it's supposed to but a random label will still be visible. And sometimes it just doesn't want to work with me at all!!! Anyone have any suggestions!? Thank you!

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Nested fn-IsMemberOfGroup

or() can take just 2 input parameters.

so you will have to build the formula with multiple ORs and/or ANDs

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I have tried doing it with separated ors, such as:

not(fn-IsMemberOfGroup(xx)) || not(fn-IsMemberOfGroup(xx)) || not(fn-IsMemberOfGroup(xx))

That doesn't work either. Maybe I'm just missing something! But I still don't understand if it can only recognize 2, why does it work for some panels that have 3 or 4, but not all??

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I have figured it out finally! I was looking at the multiple ors in the wrong way. For anyone that may see this having a similar issues, here is the solution:

not(or(or(fn-IsMemberOfGroup(xx),fn-IsMemberOfGroup(xx)),or(fn-IsMemberOfGroup(xx),fn-IsMemberOfGroup(xx))))

Accept as Solution Reply