Email Notifications in Default Client Event (Blackpearl 4.6.4)

• 18 February 2013
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

We've installed K2 Blackpearl 4.6.4 and we're getting errors with email notifications in the default client event of workflows.  The email notification doesn't send.  We see previous posts written about this.

Here's the error in the event viewer log:

61007 Permanent failure sending message     Notification: System.ArgumentException: The parameter 'address' cannot be an empty string.

Parameter name: address

at System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address, String displayName, Encoding displayNameEncoding)

at SourceCode.MessageBus.Imap.SmtpDestination.ToFullEmail(Dictionary`2 collection)

at SourceCode.MessageBus.Imap.SmtpDestination.Send(String title, MessageExtendedInformation extended, IEnumerable`1 attachments, MessageBodyReader[] messageBodies)

at SourceCode.MessageBus.Server.MessageBusRuntime.SourceCode.MessageBus.IMessageDestination.Send(String title, MessageExtendedInformation extended, IEnumerable`1 attachments, MessageBodyReader[] messageBodies)

We've used the Connection string editor tool and changed the SMTP TLS settings to NONE with port 25.  Still getting the same error.

Please help  :-)

6 replies

Badge +8

This typically indicates that the user's email could not be found. Ensure that the user doe shave an email address in AD and that the K2 Server can read it. Using the SmartObject Service Tester and executing the UMUser SmartObject should give you an indication. Also check your AdumError logs if they exist.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

This indicates that the email address the notification is sent "from" is empty. This means either that SmartActions is enabled and the "FROM" environment variable is empty or missing, or the K2 service account does not have a valid email address.

Are you using customized or default event notifications?

In K2HostServer.exe.config, is EnableListeners = True or False? Which identity is set as the "self" in that same line?

HTH,
Gail

Badge +1

Thank you for your answers. 

The k2 service account's email has since been corrected in AD. 

We are still getting the same error.  In the process User Task, the "Allow user to action the task without opening the Form' is NOT checked.    Do I additionally need to re-run/update the SmartForms configuration itself, to disable SmartActions?

I am using a customized event notifications. 

In K2HostServer.exe.config:  <system self="" enableListeners="false" allowAmbiguity="true" />

Please advise.  Our Sysadmin left, and I'm trying to get a handle on this, without unnecessarily changing things.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

There is a coldfix out there for what may be this same issue. I recommend you open a support ticket, and an engineer can verify it is the same issue, and provide the coldfix.

HTH,
Gail

Badge +4

After the udpate, I'm also getting this error "There is no connection string for the destination email address"

Could you please advise.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

What version did you upgrade to? From?

In 4.6.5, there is a new method for sending emails from email events. This means there are additional connection strings that may be needed.

Also, what is the "listener" account for SmartActions? The error suggests you may have a listener mailbox set (or it's using the k2 service account) but no connection string got created for that address. This would mean you'd need to create or modify connection strings.