cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Need to attach docs to a Task for offline consumption in Mobile

I need a FlexiTask task to go out to the Mobile app with 3 documents attached to it (so that they are available offline). The only way I have found to do this is with a second workflow that fires on the Workflow Tasks list when a new item is created. Two problems:  (1) often the attaching workflow have not finished its work when the assignee downloads the task. (2) The assignee often gets "task is locked by a running workflow" error. Is there another way to do this?  thx!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Need to attach docs to a Task for offline consumption in Mobile

Running workflows on the Task list is not a very good idea as all sorts of issues can occur as you have found. Under the Task Notification section of the flexi task action there is a check box to include list item attachments.  Since version 3.3 of the Nintex Mobile application, functionality has been added to allow offline documents.  There is an option for this in the settings.  The only caveat is that the tasks have to be synced over WIFI or manually.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Need to attach docs to a Task for offline consumption in Mobile

Thank you. If I understand correctly the checkbox to "include list item attachments" under Task Notification will send the attachments to the assignee in an email. But we are not using email notifications; the user must fetch his task in Mobile, so this is unanswered.

0 Kudos