MailEvent email recipient

• 19 March 2009
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +1

I need to be able to send e-mail to the person selected in the current sharepoint item from a "Person or Group" column. The only data I can possibly extract from the metadata property currently mapped to that field is DOMAINusername, which is obviously not a valid e-mail address to send mail to.

If I go through the User Browser and right click the K2 node and search, I can find the user I need and it's returned in the form: K2:DOMAINusername.Email

If I manually try to build that string in the "To" line of the e-mail, it doesn't work.

This seems like a relativley straight forward thing to do, and there should be some easy way to do it. How exactly can I get the e-mail address from a user selected in a person or group column?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

1 reply

Badge +9

This was an old trick in K2 (using destination rules without client events) which might work here.

1. Set the destination rule on the activity to use your user ID (i.e. K2:DomainUserID).
  2. Configure the destination rule to use advanced properties and then configure it to use "Plan All At Once".
  3. Drag an email event wizard into the activity.  You should be able to now send the email to the destination user.