Rename Workflow Content Type Id?

• 13 November 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

I've noticed in the Workflow Tasks list the Nintex tasks appear as 'Nintex Task Outcome [GUID string]' in the Content Type column.  I assume there must be a place where this identifying name can be changed to reflect the form/workflow it's associated with, but I haven't found it.  I need to be able to rename this to (for example) "Leave Request" or "AFE Form" to identify the Form/Workflow it is associated with.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gerard

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Depending on customer preferences I did it on different ways:

For example naming the tasks with a a "prename" using the Form/Workflow Name some my tasks are named as: "AFE Form - ID5 - Approver1"

Or on other case I added a new column named "Form/Workflow" and then updated it on a parallel branch with the FlexiTasks, but it requires more work.

Badge +5

But does that change the value in the Content Type Column? I've created a workflow with a specific (non-generic) name but no difference that I could see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

‌ have you found your solution?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +5

Nothing as yet, no.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Once I tried to rename the Content Type that Nintex had auto-generated, I found out that approval stopped working. I guess there is some sort of co-relation between workflow assign tasks actions and its content type's names, including the GUID.. But haven't confirmed that with no-one from Nintex.

What I mean is.. you should not change the name of the Content Type. Have you tried to reach someone from Nintex?

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In the end you can always try to change the content type name and see what happens

Regards,

Tomasz