Workflows for Tab like functionality

• 4 August 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

How to trigger a workflow when you use a Tab like functionality in your form?

for example I have a form and it has tabs A, B,C

and I have Panels A1,B1,C1

If user click  Tab A - Panel A1 shows up , so now if user submits Panel A1 it should trigger a workflow and sends email to certain set of people.

and I have another question

How to make fields required on the form according to panel  for example if user clicks Tab A - Fields in the Panel A should become mandatory.

Please let me know!!

Thanks in Advance!!! happy.png

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so now if user submits Panel A1 it should trigger a workflow

you can not submit single panel or tab, it's possible to submit only whole form.

How to make fields required on the form according to panel  for example if user clicks Tab A - Fields in the Panel A should become mandatory.

you have build validation rule with formula like

TabControl == "TabA" && IsNullOrEmpty(NamedControlFromTabA)

Badge +16

Your button that moves you from TabA to TabB could also update a hidden status field and your workflow could wait for that status field to be updated?

Badge +7

I thought the workflow should be started from the form - not that the workflow is already running.

Just like Cassy suggested I would create a hidden field containing the current tab.

Then I would create three workflows A, B and C corresponding to the tabs. Then set the workflows to start automatically and conditional based on the hidden field.

Badge +5

Hi ,

I am trying to connect my Tab to a choice field (appearance of TAB was gone now it looks like a choice field).

and can I not make all the field s from the panel mandatory??

because I cannot see my panel from the named control tab,

I cannot use this formula

Tab=="Tab A"&& isNullorEmpty(panel name). for validation

Please bare with me , I am really new for Nintex.

Thanks in advance!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I cannot use this formula

you can not check panel control for emptiness. panel is just a visual container for other controls, it doesn't have value on its own.

check my formula above - you have to check value of control you want to make mandatory

and can I not make all the field s from the panel mandatory??

sure you can.

select all the controls you want to make mandatory and assign a rule to them.

set rule formula like

TabControl == "TabA" && IsNullOrEmpty({Self})

so instead of reference to specific control use generic {Self} reference, it will be evaluated at runtime to a value of control currently being validated

Badge +5

Thank you !!! I had to hide more than 30 fields ( 3 panels).

I really appreciate your help!!! happy.png