How to Populate Form Controls from Sql Query results

• 23 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

When I test this Query - I can see that it's pulling forward the results I'm looking for.

9318i06BB19E47324AF15.png

How do you get the results that are retrieved from a SQL request - into the associated form controls (e.g. Employee -which is a People Look Up control , and Company, Department, Job Title, etc., which are Single Line text fields)

9320iA625F6D69D342E60.png

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: I'm well accustomed to using Infopath, but I'm brand new to using Nintex & I don't have much experience with writing code; so if it's possible, I will appreciate detailed "Nintex for Dummies" type responses. 🙂

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

You can only display results from the SQL request control in the control itself. You cannot display the result(s) in any other control.
Badge +1
Right now, the only way I'm getting it to run is in the preview mode. I need to understand how to make it run -- IN THE FORM -- AND -- then retrieve the employee details from the returned results to be able to update the other form fields.

You're saying we can only display the results IN THE Sql control? What good is that? Why can we run a query but then not do anything with the results?
Badge +11

The way I do it, is Cascading SQL Requests . Here is an article that helped me with my solution.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Cascading-SQL-Requests-in-Nintex-Forms/ba-p/92983