Difference in "Alltrue" and "Firsttrue" radio buttons?

• 10 December 2007
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello All,

Im unble to find the difference between the "Alltrue" and "FirstTrue" radio buttons in the activity properties when we select the Destination Rule.

Thank you

3 replies

Badge +9

I think that is best described with an example.

Say you have a process datafield called InvoiceAmount.  Within an activity destination rule you setup three destination sets:

1. Manager

2. Director

3. VP

For these destination sets, you then add rules to dictate when they should be used as follows:

1. Manager (If InvoiceAmount <= 10,000)

2. Director (If InvoiceAmount <= 50,000)

3. VP (If InvoiceAmount > 50,000)

For the purposes of this example, let's say there is an instance with an Invoice Amount of 8,000.

If "All True" is used it will go to both the Manager and Directory because K2 will evaluate all the destination set rules and assign to any destination set that evaluates to true.

If "First True" is used it will go to only the Manager because K2 will stop evaluating destination set rules after it encounters one that evaluates to true.

HTH.

Badge +2

Thank you very much Bob, I was expecting the same but sample application requirement was different, so dint fond any difference for that, your example very clear for this, once again thank you very much.

Thankyou

Badge +2

Thank you very much Bob, I was expecting the same but my sample application requirement was different, so dint fond any difference for that, your example very clear for this, once again thank you very much.

Thankyou