Reddit Nintex Community

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Just wanted to let folks know there is a Nintex subReddit that can be used in addition to this site.

18 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I admit I'm not a Reddit person, but why would we want to advertise another community, that from the looks of it doesn't have much content, when we already have an established community with a ton of content and answers?  I don't see the benefit.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Why should Vadim have a blog? Why should anyone blog anywhere else or answer form questions on stackoverflow or elsewhere? This community is growing but it needs more people and Reddit can help drive users to this community.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Well, Vadim's blog existed before there was a Nintex community in all fairness.  And by bringing up stackoverflow or any other forum you raise the same question I asked.  As I stated, I'm not a Reddit user.  But in just quickly looking at your link, it looks like it does the same thing this community already does.  Why not just ask the questions here?  Maybe there is something I'm missing.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Because Reddit has 10s of millions of users and a much farther reach than this site. I like this community and all but it doesn't always have answers to my technical questions and sometimes my questions are left unanswered. This site also seems to be heavily populated with non technical 'Power Users' rather than developers. The staff answers a lot of questions and generally do a good job but they're very few of them. It's a good thing to have more than one forum to post to for questions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Having a presence in several web communities is good for users and good for Nintex. I actually ran into that subreddit previously (I'm /u/TheJobCannon) and was sad to see there was nothing in it.

I understand both sides here. 

I think the benefit of the Reddit community would be to show other reddit users (who possibly havent been into the community before) what can be done with Nintex, AND, the end goal of leading them to the Community. It is not there to replace the community (as if it could!) but act as a direction / index / quick link to the community. ALL PATHS LEAD TO COMMUNITY! 

There is software that I have learned about - and methods I have learned about - by running into it as a reference on Reddit. When I'm Reddit, I'm browsing casually. When I'm in the community, I'm looking for a specific answer for a question I have, or I'm looking to answer questions.

Different environments.

That being said, the subreddit needs work, but Richard Ruth‌ knows this happy.png 

Suggestion ... add some CSS to it and a bunch of  quick links to the community, to the learning center, etc? 

Happy to help out if you'd like to make me a mod in the subreddit. I did some of the CSS in /r/resumes & /r/jobs - I mod them. Simple, but stands out, and I can do some cooler stuff for you. Lemme know.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I'm not sure who the mods are for that subreddit but I like the changes you're suggesting!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I will go harass them now if they're around -- and if they aren't, I'll put in a plea to the Reddit admins happy.png Will let you know how it goes.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

As an additional thought, I found the suite of Nintex sites very confusing to navigate as a new user. I had no clue where to go, and in what order. Reddit is very good at saying "Hey are you new? Do this first." 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I agree with that.  The community can be a bit overwhelming.  Definitely need to find a way to make things a little simpler. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

‌ if the Reddit owner of the Nintex sub lets me into the CSS, I'll post a screenshot here of what I do so you can help me ensure that we've linked out to the appropriate places and that it's clear. 

As a non-Reddit user, you are the ideal reviewer wink.png

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I think I just got voluntold. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Bwahahah! Yes! It is how I operate!

Update: I have received moderator permissions and will work this week to make it purdy and informative.

Badge +8

‌ I don't interact much on Reddit, but lurk a decent amount. I'd say there's a lot of value there in terms of content sharing there that links back to this community (ultimately growing this platform while reaching a large audience).

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

‌ and others, is there any benefit to having a Nintex Community Twitter account that can just be used to automatically be used to spew out links to the community using Blog titles and Answered Questions? The tags in the questions/blogs could be used as hashtags in tweet.

This way we're creating a searchable account with links to the community that will hopefully help the users find their problem. 

Google, I know, does this as well, but for relatively little effort (I'm sure Jive should provide something that would do this) it's another outlet.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I like it! The more we reach the more we teach!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Update:   Getting there!  https://www.reddit.com/r/Nintex/ 

I'll need to figure out what posts within the community are the top 3 for each topic. What makes the most sense .. I want them to be actual posts by our users.. even if it's areas.. hmm. Still trying to organize, but hey, at least there's a nice big community button now ^^ -- and I'll put a desc underneath to say why someone ought to click it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

My two cents-- for what it's worth-- is if there are users going there and asking questions, then by all means, we should keep it open and try to assist them. 

The main issue that I see is not whether or not it should exist, but rather are users going to go there and answer questions, make content, repost/link to other content? As I have said before, most of all have jobs that require the majority of our time and effort, so coming to a community (here or Reddit) is something that we do on our own for various reasons. It is hard to keep up with multiple areas and contribute to them equally. I have a hard time keeping up with twitter, facebook, my kids... 

We live in an age where we are bombarded with information and can access it through a multitude of venues. There is no reason that I can think of that would suggest that we ignore it or forget about it. As Rhia Wieclawek‌ stated, I would think that we point users from Reddit to some content within the community, and have them engage here. 

I will bookmark that Reddit and take a look at it more and see where it takes me happy.png! I am always up for learning from other users and if I can help someone, I am helping myself too!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Since I'm a mod for it now I plan on watching for questions and linking to community posts to answer them; I also plan to post links to great community blogs maybe weekly. I don't want to see answers / discussions over there that could happen over here and I despise duplication of effort ... haha