2 layers of filtering for hidden questions in Nintex Forms

Badge +6

I need help figuring out what's wrong with the following formula:

or(isNullOrEmpty(ProjectJobCategory),or(inArray(ProjectJobCategory,'Provider'),and(inArray(ProjectJobCategory'Health Promotion (Disease Management)'),IsthisaHealthPromotionLayoutrequest?=='Yes')))

I've been asking this question in the getting started section and one responder told me to check the developer console. I searched for developer console and got a lot of questions/answers not a section where I could pose a question. I am very new to Nintex 2013, these formulas, and this community so please forgive my ignorance. I have a Nintex form where certain questions show or are hidden based on an initial answer as to the type of job (provider, health promotion, member etc. - a total of 6 answers) When we get to the Health Promotion category I need an extra level of filtering to hide the questions (some that are shared with other categories). That question is "Is this a Health Promotion Layout request?" which is a yes or no choice field (not a yes or no checkbox) due to other needs. The above formula is blanking out the entire form (the initial question isn't showing and it should always show). Any help you can provide with my formula would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies

Badge +9

I think the question mark is an invalid character here.

Developer console can You find by calling debugging tools in browser, normaly by pressing <F12> function key. There You will see JavaScript errors.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

just for reference, this is the former thread on the same topic Jennifer Smith‌ mentions - Multiple layers of hiding in Nintex Forms 

I don't think it's needed to maintain two topic for the same question...

apart from question mark sign, if IsthisaHealthPromotionLayoutrequest is a yes/no checkbox then it directly evaluates to true/false so you can not compare it against "Yes" string

Badge +6

This is what ultimately ended up working:

ProjectJobCategory=='Health Promotion (Disease Management)'&&IsthisaHealthPromotionLayoutrequest?=='No'||ProjectJobCategory==''||ProjectJobCategory=='Provider'