Promote form controls to another list

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I have an InfoPath form that, once submitted, is sent to a library where certain columns are promoted out as columns within the library for easy viewing.

179065_pastedImage_0.png

Is there a way to do this within Nintex Forms for SharePoint 2010?

As an alternative, I am thinking to run a workflow behind this and push out the data that way to a "dashboard" or sorts, but before I tackle that wanted to see what the community has encountered.

Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Bueller...

Bueller......

Bueller.........

Badge +11

Sorry Jesse, just had my day off... wink.png

I don't quite get the use case here. The InfoPath form exists without the list itself, at least it can. The Nintex Form always needs to be associated with a list (listitem in case of task form) directly, doesn't it? So why and how do you want to populate additional fields? Are your users supposed to fill out a text field with the columns they would like to add or what?

However, you should be able to use a javascript function that you can call when your submit button is clicked or whatever event you like. This should give you a start on how to create a column using javascript: Add a Field (Column) to a List in SharePoint 2013 Using JavaScript

Regards

Philipp

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Jesse,

I have a feeling you're talking about the design process, where you design the form then publish it to some named library and it creates all the promoted fields for you.

That is something we call Forms First design, which we don't have yet in Nintex Forms, but is something we are working on at the moment.

For now, you will need to have a list that exists, then build a form on that.  You have the ability to create columns from the designer and then add controls and connect them to those columns.

cheers,

Vadim

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

For this scenario, I am working with a repeating section (multiples actually) and there was not a good way to capture that in a single list. Also, there is little need to management to look at the entire form/set of data, and want to only see a few fields (hence the promotion).

I approached it this way only due to time constraints, but now would like to go back and see what else, if anything, I can/could do to improve upon it. I have taken the stand to learn more and really dive into Nintex Forms more this year and get off of the InfoPath crutch happy.png!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Thanks Vadim Tabakman​ -

I thought that was the case but didn't know if anyone had stumbled upon something and worked. I look forward to the progression of Nintex Forms and eager to see what else we can do with them!