cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Multiselect with autocomplete dropdown in Nintex Forms 2010

Hi Nintex community,

Does anyone know how to create a dropdown in Nintex Forms 2010 with multiselect and autocomplete features like it is done in people picker. I'm trying to adapt some JqueryUI plugins but have no luck. Maybe someone has a working solution?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
prasannaadavi
Nintex Newbie

Re: Multiselect with autocomplete dropdown in Nintex Forms 2010

Anton,

Multiple values could be enabled on the SharePoint Column itself.

As for Auto Complete, this might help? Using SPServices to provide data to autocomplete field on Nintex | Drift Bottle

Not applicable

Hi Prasanna, have you tried to apply these two approaches together to one control? If i understand correctly this is not possible, because if the field is multivalue it is displayed as list or checkboxes, while the approach with using SPServices applies to a dropdown.

prasannaadavi
Nintex Newbie

Sorry my bad. I was thinking about the people picker field when I responded.

I am thinking we could hack this via the Lookup function, but have not tried it. Let me see if this is feasible.

I am not a developer, so I will leave it for the rest of the community to offer some programmatic solutions.

emha
Nintex Newbie

the question seems to me to be a bit unclear and contradicting.

dropdown is per se single value control but you request multiselect functionality. I have no clue what functionality you want to achieve.

from rest of the description it's not clear to me whether you are trying to achieve some special functionality from regular dropdown control (using some magic js library) or whether you are developing completely new type of control.

Not applicable

Hi Marian,

I need something like this: https://jqueryui.com/resources/demos/autocomplete/multiple.html or better like this Extending jQuery UI Autocomplete - JSFiddle . I want to do this with a regular dropdown. Prasanna has already provided a link how to enable automcomplete, and this works, but now I want to make also multiple selection availible.

hannes_sambale
Nintex Newbie

jagadishnpy
Nintex Newbie

Hi Anton 

Did you manage to get a multiselct in a textbox ?.Please let me know your thoughts if you have achieved.

Thanks

Jag