Can you change InfoPath template.xsn file name

• 24 May 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hello,

We have a workflow that is kicked off by an InfoPath Form, published as a template to a form library. What we've noticed is that each time you deploy the form, it changes the xsn filename and the refrence in the form library. For instance: TestForm-myXSD-2013-05-13T10-25-03.xsn then TestForm-myXSD-2013-05-22T11-07-29.xsn

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to keep that template name the same across each deployment. We have links that open these forms from outside of the library, and when the template name changes, we have to update every link.

Has anyone run in to this, and found a way to address it? I'm wondering if there are alternatives besides a redirect page, or a content type.

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

We have similar forms.

I think you need to switch off the versioning in sharepoint template folder where form.xsn is being published.

Please let me know if this doesnt solve. I will investigate in our server how it has been implemented.

Regards

Nathan

Badge +5

Nathan,

Thanks for the response, but versioning is already turned off in this library. I can't even manually change the template name because the field to do so is greyed out.

Let me know if you are able to figure out how you implemented it on your end.

Thanks again.

Edit --
I should probably point out that I am not publishing the template to a central template repository or anything. I'm just publishing it straight to the form library itself.