Access is denied: 'K2ROM'

• 20 October 2004
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
Try adding (=dragging) K2ROM.dll to your Global Assembly Cache, worked for me;

This is usually the Assembly folder under your OS (ed. c:/winnt/assembly), the K2Rom.dll is usually in your Bin directory under the K2 program folder

3 replies

Badge
When I try to view my smart form in a browser I get the following error:

Access is denied: 'K2ROM'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Access is denied: 'K2ROM'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'K2ROM' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = K2ROM, Version=3.13603.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=10ba86d4fd9ffdf3
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/SmartForms2
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : K2SmartForms, Version=3.4250.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/smartforms2/253638cd/b9f45c7/K2ROM.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/smartforms2/253638cd/b9f45c7/K2ROM/K2ROM.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/SmartForms2/bin/K2ROM.DLL.

Does anybody know why this would be happening. If so, what is the resolution.
Badge +7
Try granting "read" + "write" access to "Authenticated Users" on the following folder on the server where K2.net Workspace is installed:
C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322Temporary ASP.NET Files

Also, Anonymous access must be disabled for the specific virtual folder in order for the credentials of the current logged-on user to be passed to K2.net Server. Open your IIS Manager, and edit the security settings for your application's virtual folder to uncheck the 'Enable anonymous user' setting.
Badge +3
Just figured out this works when the K2Rom.dll is put on the SPS machine and the K2 machine.