cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple forms per list?

For instance, First form is ticket/work request.  Second form provides fields to describe issue resolution.

I found a thread from 2012 but it doesn't go into any detail and the link provided in the final post is broken.

Nintex Connect - Creating multiple forms for one SharePoint List

Thanks!

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Multiple forms per list?

Hi James Elterman

One possible solution would be to use multiple content types on the list and publish a form for each one of them.

here is a link to an article that gives a brief intro to how to use content types with Nintex Forms for Office 365, however the same functions are available for onprem as well.

Working with multiple content types using Nintex Forms for Office 365

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks Cellou!  I have a follow up question.

Your link was very helpful.  I was not familiar with adding multiple content types to a list.  I experimented with it a bit and I made an observation.  I created a task and item type within the same list.  If a record is created as an item, when I use the edit function it recognizes it as an item an opens the item edit form.  Likewise if a task record is created, when I edit it recognizes it as a task an opens the task edit form.

For my purposes I would like the record to be created using one form, then updated using a different form.  The ideal solution for me would be that within a given list view I could force the edit button to open a specific form, instead of opening the form based on the type of record that was created.  Is that possible?

Also I would like to know what is the flag for SharePoint to recognize a record as an item or task?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I found a solution today!  SharePoint flags records in the Content Type ID field.  I believe this is a hidden field but it can be modified with a Workflow.  You need SharePoint Design access from your administrator to accomplish this.  The steps are outline at the link below.

Using content types to modify the NewForm.aspx and EditForm.aspx pages | Sarah Haase

Additional information here

Limitations on modifying content types via SharePoint Designer reusable workflows | Sarah Haase

0 Kudos