Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
harryr
Nintex Newbie

Multiple conditions with people picker check

Jump to solution

Hi 

I hope I have posted this in the correct section.

I am trying to get a submit button validation rult ot check if multiple OR conditions have been met AND a people picker called "Tech Manager" is empty.

The goal is to make sure a name is populated when the conditions above are true. The people pickers "Tech Manager" is only one people picker amon 8 that each appear under different formatting rules.

I tried:

or(contains(BProjectCategory,"Project A"),or(contains(BProjectCategory,"ProjectB"),or(contains(BProjectCategory,"ProjectC"),and(Tech Manager Name==""))))

I want to make sure the people picker for "Tech Manager Name(named control) is not empty.

Using the above rule, the rule firses but when I doenter a name inot the people picker, the Submit action fails to fire (nothing happens on button click).

Thanks in advance

Nintex Forms for SharePoint 2013 Enterprise 2.10.2.0

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
harryr
Nintex Newbie

Re: Multiple conditions with people picker check

Jump to solution

I opened this thread by mistake, not remebering I had asked the same question in  aprevious thread in a different way. here is the solution:

My panel is hidden using this rule:

or(contains(ProjectCategory,"ProjectA"),or(contains(ProjectCategory,"ProjectB"),or(contains(ProjectCategory,"ProjectC"),and(not(contains(RiskBox,"Low"))))))

(When the ProjectCategory is not one of the three values AND RiskBox is Low, it shows.

On the poepl picker control I added a new validation rule and used the code below. I had to repeat th conditions as I don't have another control that becomes true/false when the panel is unhidden.

or(contains(BProjectCategory,"Core Research Project"),or(contains(BProjectCategory,"Internal Capability Funding"),or(contains(BProjectCategory,"HVM Catapult Funding")))) && isNullOrEmpty({Self})

This is now working.