Nintex Forms Drop-Down Bug?

• 24 November 2016
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

yesterday we’ve installed the newest version of Nintex Forms.

Now we’ve got the issue, that if we are working with a “Person-Column”, the drop-down where you can choose your user it will not be displayed correctly.

Or

And this error only happens at the People/Person Drop-Down

I’ve also tried to set the all the fields in the background and the people fields in the front, but I always got the same issue.

Nice Regards

9 replies

Badge +11

Hi Chen,

did you apply any custom css to your form?

You could try to play around with the z-index property and see if it helps you: CSS z-index property 

Regards

Philipp

Badge +1

Unfortunately, the problem still exist and I've found out, that if you put the columns into a Panel, the drop down will not go over the Panel.

Here I'm using everything out of the box, so i dont have changed anything.

Badge +7

I'm experiencing the same display problem with the people picker drop down list as it will either A) disappear below the next people picker control or B) disappear inside the panel just like you've shown. 

We have addressed the Nintex helpdesk and were supplied with the following (partial) solution: "It is a styling issue caused by both People Picker & Managed Metadata controls having the same z-index in CSS (500). We cannot differentiate between the two as we assign all People Picker & Managed Metadata controls the same z-index, even when more than one is on the form. You can fix this by just applying a higher z-index than 500 to the top people picker in the CSS of the form."

I have done so and found it works for all people picker fields except the ones inside a panel. I have no idea what the z-index of a panel is and have played around with some numbers, but no success yet. I will let you know as soon as I've heard back from Nintex.

Badge +3

Hi Yvette,

Is it possible to know which CSS class you target with this z-index value ?

Badge +7

Hi Alexandre,

Each control has a CSS class. You should name these. For example you name the CSS class for the top people picker control on your form "pp1", the second "pp2". Then in the form settings custom CSS you assign to each CSS class a z-index above 500, where pp1 is higher than pp2. Nintex send me the following 'how to' images:

197962_pastedImage_1.png

197981_pastedImage_2.png

Also, I have been notified by the Nintex Helpdesk that other clients have reported the same problem and the Nintex Development team has started researching...

Badge +3

Thanks for this Yvette, your explanation is very clear !

but it does not work on my side sad.png

the z-index is not take in account by all UL and LI generated when the control suggest users.

Badge +7

Alexandre, I'm not sure what you mean? I would advise to contact Nintex Support.

In the meantime... Nintex provided us with a hotfix. This seems to be a solution for our forms. It will most likely be included in the next product update.

Badge +5

Is your problem the same like mine was? I found a working solution and documented it here: https://community.nintex.com/message/57055-re-nintex-forms-2940-upgrade-issues?commentID=57055#comment-57055

Badge

202727_pastedImage_1.png

solution:

1. this is nintex 2016, two buttons can change control attribute 'z-index'

js:

NWF$(document).ready(function () {

NWF$("div[formcontrolid=ce419b26-ef52-45fc-98fd-345968ede5ba]").css("z-index", "0")
    });