cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Multiple Run If's not working. Only the first one

Jump to solution

I have a form with three status. (Closed, Rejected, and Canceled).  I want a separate e-mail for each status.  I'm using the Run If for each status in the workflow.  Closed status is in the first Run If, followed by Rejected, then Canceled in the remaining two Run If's. Only the Run If in the first position (Closed) is operation correctly.  Rejected and Canceled do not fire and the workflow ends without sending the applicable e-mail.  Is there something else I need to add/configure for a workflow having multiple Run If's and looking at the same field?  Thank you!

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Miltiple Run If's not working. Only the first one

Jump to solution

can you share your configuration of the run if actions?

I have also converted this to a question for you.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Can you use a "Log to History" action to log out the variable you are comparing in the RUN IF to make sure in fact that it is the value you are expecting it to be?  Log it out before you enter your first Run IF.  Configuration screen shots would also be helpful as mentioned above.

Thanks,
Mike 

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

For further advice we need more information from your actions configuration as Cassy and Mike already said.

Besides of this, also think about making your workflow a bit more compact. Instead of doing basically the same three times in a row, your constellation could be a switch:

This structure will help users to follow your workflow better and makes it easier to maintain.

Workflow Hero

Re: Miltiple Run If's not working.  Only the first one

Jump to solution

Just note with the switch that the comparison is case-sensitive so if the status is "closed" no match would be found and the entire switch action and contents would be missing.  I would always add the "other" branch with a switch for de-bugging/error catching purposes

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Here is the configuration for the Run If:

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Felica,

seems not very complicated to me so it should work. Did you try to log the value of Status of Request to the workflow history as Mike suggested?

Kind regards,

Enrico

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hey Felicia,

are there any actions before the "Run if" actions?

Best regards,

Jan

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Can we see the configuration of the first run if just to check?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

The only thing before the Run If is a Send notification to the requestor informing we've received their request. 

0 Kudos