cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Multiple Reminder Emails at different stages in the process

Basically, I have a Document Library with docs that need to be renewed at different times.I need to create a workflow in which I have 4 different Status options: Pending Review, In Review, Final Review and Complete and I need a reminder email if the status has not been changed in 7 days and email to be sent to the person who checked out the document.  I think it would  flow something like this:

Document Review Due- send 90 day reminder email ( I have completed this)

Change status field to " PendingReview"

If Doc is not updated in 7 days- email person the document is checked out to (repeat for 14 days then email manager)

If Doc is updated and checked in- Email next person

Change status to "In Review"

If Doc is not updated in 7 days- email person the document is checked out to (repeat for 14 days then email manager)

If Doc is updated and checked in- Email next person

Change status to "Final Review"

If Doc is updated and checked in- Email approver

Change status to "Complete" and new expiration date will be entered

which workflow will continue until 90 from the new expiration date.

Can this be done in a site workflow or is the list/document workflow better to use?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Multiple Reminder Emails at different stages in the process

Vynnette‌ thanks for your question.

Based on your summary you will want a library based workflow running on the document itself so that each document will run through the stages as they need to. This process is simpler and essentially you can perfect it once, and make it repeatable for all documents.

If you are wanting a summary of all documents that need reminders at key stages, then a site workflow would work here, and you would query against the library with the documents. I still think running the library based workflow may be easier so you don't have to deal with collections for each document and different reminders going to different people.

0 Kudos