Solved

Multiple Flexi Task outcomes need to go to the same action

• 10 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

6112iA659FD0411201A38.png

My workflow has three possible outcomes: reject, approve, and not applicable, as shown in the image.

If the first level approver chooses Not Applicable, the workflow is supposed to go to the second level approver. In other words, both Approve and Not Applicable are supposed to go to the second level approver. The arrow shows the desired direction of flow.

The only difference is that the Approve keeps a record that the manager approved and the Not Applicable doesn’t record that manager’s approval.

Later on, there might be some list items updated differently; but even then they should go to the same second level approver.

Looking at the image, I could add the second level approver again below Not Applicable; but then later I will need to add more approvers who also have Not Applicable options.

Please advise.

icon

Best answer by cassymfreeman 13 January 2020, 22:09

View original

2 replies

Badge +16

you should use a state machine something like this...

Is there any way to use the same Flexi Task and multiple states in a State Machine?  I'm trying to to configure 10+ different Flexi Tasks.  The Flexi Tasks are basically the same - i just variables to build out the specific status, state, etc. for each state.  When the user asks for formatting changes to the email, I have to edit each Flexi Task individually. I would love to have a single Flexi Task that applies to all of the states.  Also, the Flexi task emails are also not 'taking' formatting changes when I change font type, color, etc. And changes to the email body don't seem to be used.  Even though I can see the updated email body in the designer, the email received uses the old email format.  . TIA