cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multilingual support: Can a form be opened in different languages?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a form that needs to be opened in different languages, is this possible?

Does anyone know a browser with native translating tools would be able to translate a form into someone's local language?

The only other option I can think of would be to create a content type to represent each language I need

Has anyone else come across this requirement before or have any advice?

Many thanks

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Multilingual support: Can a form be opened in different languages?

Jump to solution

Hey Matt,

While there is concept of a built in multilingual form, I would recommend checking out this blog post, NINTEX FORMS – MULTI-LANGUAGE FORM, from our own Dan Stoll.  In the post, Dan describes how you could leverage a lookup function to dynamically adjust controls (such as labels) to support other languages in a single form.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Brad,

Many thanks for your reply.

I too came across this article and had implemented it's solution to great effect... Kudos to Dan!

It can be a fairly time consuming process, but it does ensure accurate 'human' translations are in place. I believe this to be the better option compared to relying on a translation tool.

Matt

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Did someone manage to fetch the display language from the user profiles to select the default form language for each user?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

When creating forms for the Mobile App, is there a way to change the language of the 'Submit' button and the field default help info such as 'Required' , 'Select an option', 'Select location' ...

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Brad,

I was not able to access the Daniel Stoll‌ link. Could you please explain me the steps if possible

0 Kudos