Can you use the query action to return a calculated field in your site workflow?

Badge +8

I have a calculated field in my list that takes the due date and says if that date is a "Monday, Tuesday, Etc.". I want to use this field to tell my workflow l it "If this field is a Saturday or Sunday, do not run". Can you not query calculated fields? Is there an alternative? I am still looking in the past forums but wanted to post my specific question. Thanks!

Cassy Freeman

15 replies

Badge +16

How is your calculated column set up?

I just had a quick look and it is available to me inside the workflow and in the start up conditions?

Badge +8

OMG I am so embarrassed. I started my workflow on the wrong list. I am so sorry to waste your time Cassy. I see it now.

Badge +8

Am I missing something in my workflow? It runs fine through create item but is not updating items per the update multiple items action. I have looked at it over and over. Is there a troubleshooting technique you suggest?

186430_pastedImage_0.png

186438_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +16

please tell me you have filtered where ID = ID in current loop?

Badge +16

what do your log in history lists say?  are they as expected?

Badge +8

Promise!

Badge +16

ok does any of it update?

what does log in history bit give you?

out of interest why is it update multiple items?

Badge +8

Weirdest thing just happened. Not sure if it was super delayed but I was putting test info in and all of a sudden everything updated but nothing is in the completed workflow since 1:35. SO WEIRD!

186443_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +16

and you're sure the workflow is only updating the current item (even though you are using the update multiple items action)?  could it be that a different instance of the workflow updated the item?

Badge +8

That is the only update action I have in the workflow. And this is the only published site workflow I have for this list.

Badge +16

so is it working just delayed?

Badge +8

I am going to keep testing it but the first part of it (through create item to another list) works right away. The update multiple items took like 3 hours to work.

By the way. I have tried using update item but it doesn't seem to give me the option to update multiple items like I need to. Which makes sense to me by the name of the action.

Badge +16

do you mean multiple items, or multiple fields in one item?  you're looping through each item so the update item should work for the current item in the collection.  but if it works like this, ignore me.

Badge +8

Seems to be. I haven't had trouble with updating the items (aside from the date) but I think I have that piece ironed out.

Badge +8

Create item seems to work better than create multiple items. No issue and no delay now.