Get multiple list items and display them in a repeating table format

• 2 September 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi community,

I am new here and have attempted to search for this a few times but I am not sure if I am searching for the right terms.  So here is some cry for help from you guys.

Currently I have built three sharepoint list,  Vendors, Contacts, and Contracts.  I have setup the smart objects, and setup a bit of custom read methods.  Currently here is what happens, when a user opens the form they have one of two options, either view a vendor list or add a new vendor.  When they click add a new vendor a random number is generated base on date and time, which is than assigned as a VendorID to app the properties attached to the new vendors such as Vendor Info, the Contacts within that Vendor, and the Contracts related to that vendor.  I have setup some custom read methods within the smart object to be able to pull based on the VendorID rather than Item ID which is the default behavior.  Now the issue is that I want to add multiple contacts and I want to be able to read and pull and display multiple contacts at once.  How would I make the custom tables to display such or do I need some sort of advance if than statements.   Please advise as I need this to move forward in my project. 

TLDR: I need to pull and display multiple items from the same list at once. 

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi aiftikar

It sounds to me as though what you need to use is a List View (assuming you are using SmartForms) with the Contacts SmartObject as the datasource. You can then run a rule to call one of the List methods on this List View passing in the Vendor ID as an input parameter. 

Badge +2

Hi Andrew_Blinco,

Thank you for the reply.  I was able to appley the same method after post the question here, i managed to figure out that I needed to get multiple items and I need to setup a custom read method rather than just a read method.  This was a great learning process, and I appreicate you pointing me in the right direction.  Thank you