Deploying a copy of an application onto the same server?

Badge +2

Hi all,

Just wondering if it was possible to deploy a copy of an application to the same server. For example, we have app A and they want a copy of it to be called app B which will run alongside app A. Further on down the line, the applications will be developed separately etc, but they should start from the same baseline.

Is this possible? Or do we have to re-build?

Thanks,

Rebecca

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

I don't know that you can easily deploy a copy of an app to the same server, but you could walk through all the artifacts and "Save As". Might take a bit of tweaking, but would prevent you from having to start from scratch.

S.

Badge +9

HI,

I come across the same situation to create a clone of existing application A, and named it B. We can make a copy of Form, its views and smartobjects. However, if we have created the smartobject out of service instance , then methods need to be mapped to different service instance for App B and mapped it again. We need to understand the how artifacts are built and associated with views, smartforms and workflows. We can considerably lower the development time by reproducing these artifacts and little tweak to get it started working again.

Badge +10

I think making a copy of the Application to be deployed within the Same Server, and just select different Category will be Fantastic !!!.

Even if this is done with some kind of Advanced Feature of the Package/Deploy or Some other feature that changes the GUID's of  some of the object allowing to re-use the same SMO's.

Did somebody put a Feature Request on K2  ?

Badge +2

Thanks for your responses, I'll raise a feature request and see where it goes. Standard K2 applications are pretty fast and easy to build, so I doubt it'll ever get pulled in! Worth a shot!