cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Multi Level Cascade Drop Down Not Showing Up On SharePoint List Column

Hello,

I'm fairly new to SharePoint and Nintex and have been taught by a coworker/self taught. I'm using SharePoint 2016. I am having trouble getting the information from my conditional drop downs, on my Nintex forms, to show up in a column on my SharePoint list. I need the conditional drop down information to link to a column because I will be reporting on it.

I was able to create the different lists, in SharePoint, to link to the Nintex form and can see the conditional drop downs when I go to "Create Item" on my SharePoint list but when I save the item in SharePoint the information from those drop downs is no where to be found.

Any help is much appreciated I am very stuck!!!

Thank you!!!!!

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Multi Level Cascade Drop Down Not Showing Up On SharePoint List Column

Hi,

Are your controls connected to SharePoint columns?
Make sure you do not have more than one control connected to a SharePoint column.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hello @SimonMuntz

Thank you so much for your reply! I have spent hours on this and can't figure it out! 

I added some screenshots of the process I'm using to connect the column to the list lookup drop down in Nintex forms. When I insert control and choose my list column it changes the drop down options to numbers instead of the states we previously had in my item for in SharePoint as you can see that then makes it so that the second drop down does not show anything. I have a feeling I'm not doing it correctly? 

Nintex 1.jpgNintex 2.jpgNintex 3.jpgNintex 4.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi,

Connections to columns is done from the controls configuration.

lookupconnection.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi @SimonMuntz ,

I figured it out! Thank you so much!!!!!  I ended up recreating my columns to be look up columns then chose title for "In this column" in my SharePoint list.  My big difference is that in Nintex forms under the control settings for the drop down I used "ID connected to" to pick my column (all of the lookup columns connected to title showed up under here). Under "Text connected to" I only saw "title" but none of my list columns showed up. Will this effect the usability of my form? As you can see the state and health plan name show up as hyper links at this point.

Thank you! I really appreciate your help! I was so close but needed this information to get this finished! Hyper Link.PNG

0 Kudos