cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Multi-Filtering with Three-tier Cascading Drop-Downs

Hi All,

I'm new with Nintex (on-prem with Sharepoint) and tried following this blog post to create my three-tier cascading drop downs: Three-Tier Cascading Drop Downs: Do Go Chasing Waterfalls! The only issue, one of my lists depends on the other two drop-down criteria Smiley Sad. Which would've been List C on that blog post. Any tips or advice would be helpful. Here's my example:

Here's more details to what my columns are in my list (just for example):

Category "List A" (Cookies, Candy, Ice Cream)

Type "List B" (Homemade or Bought)

Factor "List C" (Choice - *different explanations*)

I would like to know if it's possible if depending on my first drop-down (Category) I choose "Cookies" and second drop-down (Type) I choose "Homemade", it will automatically filter the third drop-down (Factor) to have a specific list of explanations only if those choice combinations are chosen that I can pick from. Same thing goes for other choice combinations, it will filter the "Factor" drop-down accordingly.

THANKS!!

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Multi-Filtering with Three-tier Cascading Drop-Downs

Hi,

The third lookup will filter to the only result but it will still need to be chosen.
The only way around this is to have the third lookup as a Calculated value control with a lookup() runtime function. When the second lookup is chosen the third will auto populate with the only possible result.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi SimonMuntz,

Like I mentioned, I'm pretty new with Nintex, so I'm sorry if I'm not understanding certain parts. Would I need to make any changes to the third list before changing the current lookup control to a calculated value control?

I'm not sure if i'm creating my third list (Factor) properly. Right now I have the list with 3 columns:

1st Column: Reason Factor
2nd Column: Lookup field to Category
3rd Column: Lookup field to Type

I manually entered each explanation such as:
Explanation 1:
- Reason Factor: What ingredients are used?
- Category: Candy
- Type: Bought

Explanation 2:
- Reason Factor: Is this gluten-free?
- Category: Cookies
- Type: Homemade

I'm not sure if that's completely incorrect to begin with. Thank you for your reply!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I run into this problem as well. 

and mine is a 5 tiers cascade drop down, and all the relationship between is many to many relationships. 

so i heavily need to filter the list lookup with multiple filtering

Tags (1)
0 Kudos