Restricting Attachment Visibility in Nintex

Badge +2

I have created a SharePoint List with a Nintex Form requiring several attachments of a sensitive nature to be included, some for our credit team and some for our logistics team.  Each team's respective forms I have included within a separate Nintex Form panel and attachment control, allowing me to create a rule for restricting attachment visibility by team in the desktop view.  The workflow then creates a task for each team.  At this point I am having two issues.

1. If a user views the task on a mobile devise within Nintex Mobile, all attachments visible, despite the rule to hide.  It is not required for either team to be able to view their attachments within Nintex Mobile, if there is a way to restrict the visibility of all attachments or restrict these teams from being able to use Nintex Mobile, I would be able to meet my IT security requirements.  This issue must be resolved or my pilot project will not be able to move forward.  

2. I cannot make attachments visible on the task form;  user must navigate to the original form in the SharePoint list.  This issue is a nice to have for usability but not a requirement.

A standard config solution is preferable but java/css coding solution is acceptable.  

Any help is appreciated.  

Using: Nintex Workflow 2013, SharePoint Server 2013

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

restrict these teams from being able to use Nintex Mobile,

if it's acceptable solution not to use nintex mobile for task approval then it's quite easy - just do not publish nintex mobile form.

dealing with permission per single list item attachment  is not possible. sharepoint list is not designed for that.

the most likely SharePoint document library would fit to your requirements better. there you could maintain permissions per single document/set.

cannot make attachments visible on the task form;

this is known 'feature' of nintex task form.

if you want to see list item attachments on task form you have to copy them over from the list workflow is running on to task list. but it's quite complex.

look eg. here  

whether it is worth of effort for you.

Badge +2

Thank you for your response.  Currently the task only has a Desktop form, yet the task is showing on the Nintex Mobile.  I will submit a ticket for Nintex Support.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

hm, that's 'interesting'...

what platform and version are you on?

keep as informed once you have any feedback

Badge +2

Nintex Workflow 2013, Version: 3.1.7.0 - English

Nintex Forms 2013, Version: 2.9.0.0
Userlevel 5
Badge +14

just an idea - haven't you removed mobile task form after workflow was started?

in that case previous form version (including mobile one) will be used.

Badge +2

It is a good thought but I did confirm the mobile form was removed for my credit team and yet the task still shows on mobile.  I am even getting a mobile task showing for my logistics team which has never had a mobile form.  Thank you for the feedback.  All help is appreciated.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok.

one more idea, are you able to install nintex mobile on new device and test it there?

or at least on existing device, clear local cache, unistall app and install it anew?

I've experienced situations when some mobile devices stopped to sync with server and haven't downloaded new forms and update existing ones.

Badge +2

I cleared cache, cleared app data, uninstalled, restarted my phone and reinstalled Nintex Mobile but received the same results.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok, out of ideas.

let's see what support will find out.