cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Moving site collection to other Content DB . Any effect on running Nintex 2007 worklfows in SP 2007

hi

i am planning to move few site collection where Nintex worklows are running.

Is there any effect on notifications and workflowsinstances running.

Suggest best practice moving site collections

Product: Nintex 2007 workflow in  SP2007 farm

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Moving site collection to other Content DB . Any effect on running Nintex 2007 worklfows in SP 2007

Murali,

Moving site collections can have a huge affect on workflows that are running.  I would suggest before you move them to split out the workflow tasks list that was running on them and split the Nintex database so that its contents correspond with the correct site collections.

Check out NWAdmin Operations - Nintex Workflow 2010​ You would need to use PowerShell to do a lot of that, but it is possible.  Just ensure that you keep your content correlated.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: Moving site collection to other Content DB . Any effect on running Nintex 2007 worklfows in SP 2007

Hi Eric,

why we need to split the task list. All wofkflows belongs to site collection associated to task list located in same place.

Have you done before in SharePoint 2007 this kind of work.

If you have any technical scripts can you pass it to me.

Thanks

MD

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Community Manager

I have done this, but it was in SharePoint 2010 and 2013.  The method is similar though, but I do not have any scripts to share.  If you aren't familiar with scripts you could use site workflow to run against the list to copy list items into a new list.  This could help split out the data and is more of a workaround then a good method.

To avoid sending you in the wrong direction, do you need to split out your workflows?  When moving workflows, you cannot move running instances, so with that being said, you can move the workflow and the content, but the running instances would fail or not be moved.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

No, I am not splitting the workflows.Also, not moving lists separtely.

You are leading me into wrong direction . I am moving whole site collection in to different content Database.

I don't want to tuch NIntex Database.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Community Manager

Sorry... if that is the case, then you should be fine to grab the site collection and move it to a new content database.

Inside Central Admin, you can select which Nintex DB you are using to ensure the new site collection inside the new database is still referencing the same Nintex DB.  If you aren't moving any of that, then you should be fine to leave that as is.  Again your running instances will not move in a running state as moving them will disconnect them from timer jobs, but everything else should be preserved.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply