Before buying the product I would like to know if my requirements are possible with Appit.

• 21 April 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

For my client I have some specific requirements.  To find a solution I need to be able to do this:

Within O365 I need to be able to receive emails with attachments.  Extract the attachments from the emails, into document libraries and add the sender as metadata to the file. (The functionality i would like to get is a bit like receiving emails in 2013 on premises in a document library)  

Is this possible with K2Appit ?

Thank you for answering

Kind regards

Jo

2 replies

Badge +6

As you might know, mail-enabled lists are not available with SharePoint Online. 

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/t/809.aspx

with Appit, you can send emails to users within your Azure Active Directory, but not to Libraries and lists. Thats because Microsoft does not allow mail-enabled lists.

Lets assume you are not going use mail-enabled lists, but want to extract attachments from user's mailboxes. That means you need an account that has Full rights on all your user's mailboxex. This is not a good security practise.

I suggest this: You can build a Form and a workflow in Appit where the user can upload a document, choose a list or library that he/she wishes the document to be saved to, and on submission, the document gets saved to the chosen library with the metadata of the user.

Badge +3

One of K2's technology partners is KnowledgeLake.  I am partnered with KnowledgeLake also.  They have a product called Connect that would facilitate the front-end of this for getting email attachments into SharePoint efficiently.   Then definitely use K2 Appit to do an infinite amount of content handling from there.