Oracle Service Object - Cannot create Smart Objects from Dynamic Oracle Service Object

Badge +1

I am new to K2 Blackpearl, and I have a requirement to connect to our Oracle based ERP system (called IFS).

• I have installed Oracle client 10g2 successfully on the K2 Host Server.
  • The Dynamic Oracle Service Object is configured and a service instance has been created.

When I use the Sevice Object tester, I can drill to the Service Object instance, but I cannot see anything under it from which to create a Smart Object.

Anyone got any ideas what could cause this?

6 replies

Badge +8

I am seeing (not seeing) the same thing as you. Did you find a solution for this?

Badge +1

No solution as yet.

K2 Support suggested installing Visual Studio onto my Host Server and rebuild the solution there, but I have not yet tried this.

Badge +8

I tried it, no difference. There are still no methods available from which to build the smart object.

Badge +1

Hi,

If you refresh the oracle service instance and you don't get errors then your half way there.

What you need to do now is debug the service instance, but first using an Oracle client run the query that gets the list of tables and modify it.

Below is query that the broker runs

OracleCommand cmd = new OracleCommand(

"SELECT DISTINCT T.OWNER, T.TABLE_NAME"

+ " FROM ALL_TABLES T"

+ " JOIN ALL_CONS_COLUMNS A ON A.OWNER = T.OWNER"

+ " AND A.TABLE_NAME = T.TABLE_NAME"

+ " JOIN ALL_CONSTRAINTS C ON C.CONSTRAINT_NAME = A.CONSTRAINT_NAME"

+ " WHERE C.CONSTRAINT_TYPE = 'P'"

+ " AND TABLESPACE_NAME = 'USERS'"

, conn);

So simply copy the SQL into your oracle client (remove c# code) and run it.

If you get no results comment out the line

+ " AND TABLESPACE_NAME = 'USERS'"

... and continue having a play, You may want to add TABLESPACE_NAME into your select statment so you can see what is being filtered out. 

Removing the filter above should give you results. Please note for every record that it returns it creates a "Table" object.

I would say you need to modify the TableSpace_Name filter.

I also added in the below filter to just give me employee records.

+ " AND table_name like 'EMP%'"

Hope this helps.

Badge +8

Ok I get the query to run with results by making your suggested tweak. Now how doI go about fixing the query in the the actual service object?

Badge +1

Hello all

I have the same problem.

Any ideas?