cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Move a document but leave a link to the new location?

Jump to solution

Hello, I wanted to ask the Nintex Community their thoughts on something we are trying to do. Essentially we are working on a Quality Document Solution.

There will be one location that all quality documents are located.

If someone is in their team site uploading a document and mark that it is a quality document, we would like to move that document to the quality location. However, that person might look for that document in their Team Site. Is there a way to place a link of that document in the new location in the original team site?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Move a document but leave a link to the new location?

Jump to solution

Add a "Link to a Document" content type to the document library where the document starts from.  After you move the document capture the new url, and then create a new "Link to a Document" item in the original library and populate it with the new url.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

When I run the workflow to create a link to a document, I receive the following error:

Failed to create item. Could not find the document template at '/_layouts/NewLink.aspx' to create the item with.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I'm also looking for a solution on this problem.

Error:  Could not
find the document template at '/_layouts/15/NewLink.aspx' to create the item with.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi all, we have identified the error message below as a bug. A fix is in the pipeline, no ETA but will keep you posted.

Failed to create item. Could not find the document template at '/_layouts/NewLink.aspx' to create the item with.

0 Kudos