One field not updating from a Nintex Approval Form

• 14 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

Good morning

I have an existing form, generated & designed by someone else, that requires an approval section. I have been able to create an approval form via edit task form / Nintex form:

198864_pastedImage_1.png198865_pastedImage_2.png

the section at the bottom is really the purpose of the approval form. This can be updated by the approver to add in a lot of extra data. ALL except the "Value of Loss" part are working fine. IE when an entry is made on the approval form they update the main form with these details.

For some unfathomable reason the "Value of loss" part doesn't work - it doesn't transfer the value entered onto the approval form into the main form.

I have searched & check everything that i can think of but cannot come up with a reason why this one part won't transfer the data

Anyone able to help me debug this?

Pete

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hey,

can you show us the configuration of the field? I think the cause is the fields connection to the list behind.

You should connect the field to the list column of the context list, that should hold the value, by setting the list column as value in "connected to" while editing the approval form.

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +6

I think i have identified the culprit - but dunno what to do about it (Could also be totally wrong!)

198881_pastedImage_1.png

inside the "set field value" part - when i try to configure the "value of loss" bit with a workflow context this is all i get:

198882_pastedImage_2.png

So i really don't have a clue what to do next!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I'm not sure you're on the right track.

Can you open your approval form and post a screenshot of the configuration of your value of loss field?

Badge +6

GOT IT!

WoHoo!

Thanks Enrico - you led me in the right direction. I was right however i wasnt clicking on the library Icon so that i can choose the "Value of Loss" field to put it into the box that was empty:

198883_pastedImage_1.png

Another one to add to the learning curve.....

Cheersloads

Pete

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Glad you found it. happy.png