cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Move Lookup Column To Text Column

Jump to solution

Is the other field, other than FY also a lookup list column? If yes, then do that also in the same way or remove that from Create Item action and try.

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

The field two fields up is a lookup. I did it that way setting the value and it didn't work. I did that yesterday. That should've worked because the fields are setup exactly the same way. This is really crazy! Am I in Whoville????

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I tried something different this time. I changed my field in the target list to a lookup field. I still have the source field being saved in the variable as Lookup Value (as Text). But this time I got a different error. It was: "Create Site Specific Item Activity Invalid data has been used to update the list item. The field you are trying to update may be read only."

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

You might have received that error because Lookup field tries to save the value in ID#Value format. Writing value to that column will not work.

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

But again it worked for the other lookup field. This is very inconsistent. I did the same thing in another site with a new workflow and it worked. It makes no sense.

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

It is crazy! Now no matter what I do, I get the same error. It is like the workflow is corrupt or something. I've taken out my code I added and I still get the error. I feel like I am on Candid Camera!!!

burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Update.....we have found out it isn't the FY lookup field that is causing the problem. Apparently this workflow has been erring for some time now. It is the lookup above the FY field. I knew it couldn't be the FY field because I took it out and was getting the same issue. That field is setup as a calculated column in the source list. In the target list field it is setup as a number field. Can ya'll help me out please?

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Is the other field, other than FY also a lookup list column? If yes, then do that also in the same way or remove that from Create Item action and try.

Hi Lisa,

I mentioned this in my comments earlier. What is the output value of the calculated column? is it Single line text or number? 

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

The output is currency.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

This is what I tried for currency field to be populated into Number field. Select the return type as Formatted Currency else the default is String type which you cannot save into Number field.

0 Kudos