Unable to update the workflow start option

• 28 October 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

Hi!

I have a workflow that sends several email notifications. At some point I set the field "Start when items are modified" to Conditional based on a value in a column. All good- everything works as expected. Then I decided I don't want this to start when modified so I changed the field to NO. Saved and published. Workflow version has increased. When I edit the item it still starts the workflow. Hmmm.... I did the above again. Another workflow version and it still does it. Tried it a couple more times and gave up.

Any idea why I am not able to do that? Any fix without deleting and recreating the entire workflow?

Thanks!

4 replies

Badge +9

So I deleted that workflow and created a workflow in SPD instead. Now it gets even more interesting... When I run the SPD workflow everything works as expected but I get a Nintex-looking notification that the SPD workflow failed to run... Why is Nintex sending notifications about an SPD workflow?? When I click the link to see the workflow status from that email it gvies me the error: Cannot find history for workflow with instanceId <GUID>. It may have been removed from the database.

I am new to Nintex and totally puzzled by the above behavior...

Badge +7

Does your first worfklow still exists from this view?

http://<your_site_url>/_layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/WorkflowGallery.aspx

Badge +9

No - its not there anymore.

Badge +9

I will save this for the next time this happens. In this case I just recreated everything and it seems to be working now. Thanks!