cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Modify Message Templates for Plain Text Notifications

Jump to solution

I would like to modify the message template for Plain Text notifications. Specifically remove the header words "workflow notification" that show up on the top of a plain email notification.

The purpose of this request, is because i need to send an email to a help desk system (DELL KACE) where the body is plain text and the first piece of the message is a variable translation like @var-name=form_field. I can certainly send a notification in plain text, but the words "workflow notification" before my intended text is screwing things up.

is there a way?

thanks

matt

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Modify Message Templates for Plain Text Notifications

Jump to solution

Hi Matt,

have you checked in Central Administration > Nintex Workflow Management > Message Templates?

You might be able to find the words there and remove them.

cheers,

Vadim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Vadim,

Yes i see the words there. I assume that changes the message template globally. I could probably part with the words globally, however i will have to test and see if that orange horizontal rule is also a problem. Maybe i could do without that to perhaps.

Either way, i wish that the Message Templates section in Central Admin had options for both HTML email as well as Plain Text, thus i could modify one or both.

If you think of anything else. Let me know

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Matt,

unfortunately, you don't get to choose between Rich Text and Plain Text.

Although, if you click into the box, you'll notice the ribbon change.  You can go into and modify the HTML, and put in plain text, without the HTML tags.  But at the same time, you won't have new lines etc.

Vadim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Matt - Note that you can change the Message Templates at each sub-site, so if you could group all of the workflows that need Plain Text messages into specific sites, then you could control it that way as well.

You can do this from Site Settings>Nintex Workflow>Message Templates.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

This is GREAT news! I did not know that. Thank you Tom Castiglia

This is the answer i needed.

0 Kudos