Create Subsite Event - Copy document

• 12 February 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I am trying to create a solution where a user will be able to have a site created via K2 workflow and then once that site is created to have some template documents be copied over to the new site into a document library of that new site.  The question I have would this even be possible due to the fact that the K2 app has not been added and of course the document library itself does not have the Smart Objects has not been generated in order to expose that library to K2.   Maybe I am answering my question, but want to have some verification that this is true or that if it is possible what recomendations you may have.

Thanks,

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello,

It does appear that you did answer your own question and you were thinking correctly. The create subsite wizard will only add in a new sharepoint subsite, no K2 elements are added to this new subsite as it is merely automating the process you would normally do manually to add a site to your site collection, this is done by the K2 Service account when the wizard runs.

However you might be able to achieve the functionality you desire by utilizing the Create List as well as some Document Wizards. My thought is that you would run a Create Site wizard -> Create Library wizard -> Upload Document wizard. This shouldn't require any lists/libraries to be appified and the K2 App might not need to be added to the site. Make sure in the Create Site and Create Library wizard you check the make an item reference box so you can utilize their properties later in the workflow.

I would see if this works out. From what it feels like it's basically the K2 Service account adding the site, library, and document. Instead of utilizing the SmartObjects created off of a list. Let us know the results.

Regards,

Evan

Badge +1

EvanM -

You got it!  Your explanation was perfect and I tried this out and it worked!  Thanks for your resonable response time and helping me out with this.  Thanks again!

Good Job!