Parallel processing block oops! something went wrong.

Badge +6

I am working on user id request form with parallel processing block for different systems that approvers have to provide access to the users who are new hires/ users who want to update their system accesses.

Copying one block and inserting them to the Branch on the right/left and publishing would save a LOT of time for me, and it works albeit randomly.

I have been getting this error/alert message when I try to copy branch to the parallel blocks.

124441_pastedImage_0.png

Does anyone have any idea as to what is causing this/ tell me how to fix it? Rather tell me how I can copy and paste!

I love my branches so much, I need to copy them and be happy. Tagging Frank because he is awesome. Frank Field

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I suggest you to export the workflow and send it to Support

Badge +6

happy.png me too. I haven't exported nintex workflows yet, might need a little hand-holding document for steps. Any help is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone

Badge +6

Too many Oops moments. Apparently I done broke it big time. I cant export the workflow either. Nintex ninjas in connect, any other ideas for troubleshooting?

124804_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Swetha.

Badge +6

Still facing this issue. Does anyone else have any info  on how to troubleshoot this?

Workflow has parallel blocks with several branches with task assignment(Start a task process, Assign a task)

The second I customize 'Edit Task Form' I get publishing error

125845_pastedImage_0.png

Removing the Task form and publishing it works again.

Please check the included video.

https://lcpsorg-my.sharepoint.com/personal/ssankara_lcps_org/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?guestaccesstoken=%2fQqsHz62%2f…

Is there any tool that we can use to check the errors in our workflow for office 365 to get some ideas on what is going on?

Frank FieldJeremy Jaya Raj​ any guidance appreciated. happy.png

Badge +17

Swetha,

Wow....thats a massive workflow.  I'm not sure which step to tell you to do first because I don't want you to lose your work, but you may have to remove some branches to get the export ability back.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I would try that first.  Also do note that there are inherent limitations in SharePoint (not Nintex) that prevent certain functions from being repeated so many times within a given workflow. 

Start there and if you are still running into issues, ping me and I will try and get on a live session to see what can be done.

Badge +6

Thanks Eric, I started going that route as well and it was good to know that you recommended the same. Validated my troubleshooting steps happy.pngSo, I won't have to feel guilty for removing the branch.

WorkflowAnalyzer looks like an awesome tool, but we use Office 365 in our organization and no on-premise luxury. Would LOVE to learn best practices/efficient troubleshooting and  error handling techniques for Nintex Workflows for Office 365. You are right, the app is quite complex with sequential and parallel approval process in place. Setting up is pretty easy(now that I know how to do it ofcourse) but haven't gotten complete hang of efficient troubleshooting.

On that note, for better performance of the workflow. During this past SharePoint Saturday one of the gurus there mentioned that they purge the workflow history logs on a scheduled basis in the On-Prem version. Do any of you have any info/tips for that for our Office 365  cloud counterpart? It will be awesome if I can set that up before we release the app to our users and I can avoid potential performance issues ahead of time.

As always, thanks for the support! Nintex community rocks as always.

Swetha.

Badge +17

Swetha,

You mentioned a few things that are in the works but not available in O365 just yet since the platform is slightly different from a SharePoint perspective.  Please go to 3 - Nintex Workflow for Office 365: Hot (125 ideas) – Customer Feedback for Nintex and vote up anything you are looking for there.  This is hugely important and worth while to help push the right updates or features for what users need.

I will keep you posted on other solutions, but some of it comes from good old fashion "trial and error".

Eric

Badge +6

Eric,

Absolutely! Thanks for the link. happy.png  We've been using Nintex for office 365 in our organization for our forms/workflow needs and we love the tool especially its ease of use and quick learning curve. Off to uservoice now! Danka!

Oh! as for "trial and error",  tell me about it, not some, but most of my learning happens that way. I've grown accustomed to it and appreciate that as well and I never give up!

Swetha

Badge +6

Thanks Frank! You are the best!

Will update once I resolve this or have any other update.

Swetha.

Badge +6

Hi Everyone,

This is the update and its resolved! Thanks to Frank Field and Pavel Svetleachni​ you guys rock!

Nintex for Office 365 Workflow Designer Error – Oops! Something went wrong is right now! – Swetha Sankaran | Cloud colla…

Badge +6

Hi Nathan,

The workaround for me was to split the huge workflow into 8 secondary ones. In my parent workflow I added 'Start workflow' action to kick off the secondary workflows when their corresponding conditions are met within a parallel processing block.

I would recommend splitting the WF. Its easier to log and monitor them that way.

Trust this helps.

Swetha