Random letters generated in email notification

• 23 February 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

Hello,

I am wanting to know if anyone has seen this issue before when using the Send Notification workflow object.

Instead of getting the title of the item in the Subject line of the email that is sent to the end user I am getting random characters as seen in the screen capture below:

Nintex email issue.jpg

If someone could explain how these characters are generated or what is generating them I would appreciate it. Hopefully I could gain some in site and understanding as to why this is happening.

Also, I would appreciate it if someone can tell me how to fix this issue so that I get the title of the item being submitted beside the Approval Required that would be awesome.

Thank you

3 replies

Badge +3

You can change the subject line on the Request Approval action you have in the workflow sending this out.  On the action the Task Notification tab on the ribbon.  You will see Approval Required as the text, you can change that as needed.

The [#CCCHUIUDJ#] cannot be removed while you have lazy approval enabled on the task. This is what the system uses for routing to send the response. Every email you send out will actually have slightly different values that is procedurally generates. Without that the system has no way of knowing what to do with the response.  Not using Lazy Approval automatically removes that from the subject line.

Badge +7

Hey Benjamin,

Thank you for your input. Your answer was spot on and did the trick.

Now I know and understand a lot better about the issue.

Thanks

Sean

Badge

Hi, How do we have access to this random text programatically ?