Workflow status is complete but no actions completed on record. History log shows all is well.

• 28 October 2019
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

I have a workflow which shows complete, and the logs show all items as they should be, however, no action is being taken on the record itself.  

There are actions to update fields, etc which it shows in the log history, but not in the record.

It is like the workflow did not fire, but it says it did.

What could cause this?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi
Was the workflow working and is now not or has it never worked?
Badge +1

It was working and now it is not.

I had tried using the set item permissions functionality and it did not work as expected so I took those objects out and it has behaved this way since.

Is there a way to set the permissions back for the whole list?  Perhaps I broke something during the half hour or so the workflow was firing with those objects in there?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
You could run a workflow over the list that Sets the item permission to what they should be for each item.
Badge +1

So, yes, Sam.  You are right.  I just finished running another workflow on the whole list which set all items permissions to inherit from the parent then reset my lists permissions. 

I then just implemented an action set with an impersonation step at the top of my workflow and all runs great.

All is right again.

Thanks so much for your help.